It’s perfectly located across the road from the golden beaches of Hastings Point, and just half an hour north of the popular township, Byron Bay.
Unhurried, peaceful and beautiful, frazzled parents will find themselves quickly feeling relaxed and refreshed, especially after a massage at the day spa or a few laps of the adults’ only pool.
Active kids will love the myriad of activities just for them, including the Neptune’s Castle Kids Club (including indoor play centre), Sammy’s Adventure Lagoon (pool and water park), the games room and outdoor playground.
And with affordable accommodation options ranging from camping through to luxury villas, the Big 4 North Star at Hastings Point is somewhere you will want to keep coming back to, time and again.
Kids’ activities at Big 4 North Star, Hastings Point
Once you’ve arrived and parked your car, you won’t be needing it again as there is so much to do at Big 4 North Star. Kids are invited to bring their bikes or scooters and make their way around the resort. First stop is the outdoor playground which is suitable for a wide range of ages.
Right next door is Neptune’s Castle – a fully supervised kids club that runs on weekends and school holidays. It is like a big indoor play centre, with an exciting program of events and activities, offering everything from craft days and disco evenings.
On the other side of the playground is a games room with arcade games, pool table, air hockey, pinball machines and a small, gated play area for toddlers.
The icing on the cake is the amazing water park, Sammy’s Adventure Lagoon, which boasts heated pools, water slides, a tipping bucket and water fountains that provide hours of water play fun.
Unique to the Big 4 North Star is the Marine Environment Museum, which has a large range of fascinating marine specimens on display. Kids will be amazed at the vast shell collection. The centre is open to guests at selected times on weekends and school holidays.
And if you stay long enough to exhaust all of these activities, the surf beach and the calm water inlets can provide hours of surfing, swimming, kayaking and fishing fun.
Adults’ activities at Big 4 North Star, Hastings Point
Once the kids are happily playing at the kids club, it’s time to book yourself in for a massage, beauty treatment or even hair appointment at the Seascape Leisure Centre. There’s also the gymnasium and adults only heated lap pool if you feel like a swim, or you can enjoy a quiet drink and perhaps a good book at your camp site, cabin or villa.
If you feel like a break from cooking, the onsite licensed restaurant – Ripples – offers a daily buffet breakfast, all day coffee and cake, and made to order lunches and dinners. There is a children’s menu and ice creams for the kids.
If you do choose to cook, there is a well-appointed camp kitchen as well as kitchen facilities within the cabin and villa accommodations. If you forgot to bring supplies, the onsite convenience store is sure to have what you’re looking for. We weren’t kidding when we said you literally don’t need to leave this amazing spot!
Accommodation options at Big 4 North Star, Hastings Point
Whether you like to rig the tent or soak in a spa bath, Big 4 North Star has just the right accommodation for your family:
- Tuscany Villas – 4.5 star villas offer 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, indoor and outdoor living areas with BBQ and can sleep up to 10 people
- Grande Villas – 4.5 star villas that can sleep up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. They also have a bathroom, kitchen, living and outdoor area.
- Luxury Villas – 4 star sleep up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms and also offer a kitchen, laundry, bathroom, indoor and outdoor living areas.
- Apartments – 4 star apartments sleep up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. There is also a kitchen, bathroom and laundry.
- Classique Villa – 4 star villa sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also a bathroom with spa bath and a kitchen.
- Palm Villas – 4 star villas sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms. There are also 2 bathrooms, kitchen and a verandah with BBQ.
- Star Villas – 4 star villa sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also a kitchen and one bathroom.
- Jubilee Lodges – 4 star lodge sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms. There is also one bathroom and a kitchen.
- Holiday lodges – these 3.5 star lodges sleep up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms and also offer a kitchen, dining and outdoor eating area.
- Chalets – 3 star chalets sleeps up to 4 people in 2 bedrooms and also offers a kitchen and bathroom.
- Ensuite powered camp sites – suitable for tents, campers or caravans and have a private bathroom.
- Powered camp sites – suitable for tents, campers or caravans.
For more information, or to make a booking, visit www.northstar.com.au. Big 4 North Star is located at 1 Tweed Coast Road, Hastings Point, New South Wales.
Latest posts by Cath Johnsen (see all)
- Chocolate Weet-Bix slice recipe - January 11, 2017
- Holiday fun at Big 4 North Star Holiday Resort, northern NSW - November 6, 2015
- Tropical Fruit World, south of Gold Coast - November 6, 2015